Butter in your morning coffee?
It may sounds strange but it’s actually pretty darn tasty. So what is Bulletproof coffee anyway? It is a combination of grass fed butter or ghee, MCT oil and coffee. When you blend brewed, organic coffee with high quality fats you get a rich, creamy drink that replaces your standard breakfast that many people have filled with carbohydrates. It is important to use grass fed butter and not conventional butter as it is very inflammatory - the quality of the ingredients matter here if you want to reap the health benefits.
Here are some of the benefits that people can experience
● Stabilizes blood sugar in the morning
● Triggers weight loss by way of ketosis, a metabolic state triggered by lack of carbohydrates that increases fat burning
● Increases focus and decreases brain fog
● Boosts cognitive function
● Gets rid of hunger and cravings
● Brewed organic coffee
● 1-2 tbsp MCT Oil (start with less and work up to more to avoid gastric discomfort)
● 1-2 tbsp grass fed, unsalted butter or 1-2 tsp of grass fed ghee
● Make your coffee
● Add MCT oil and butter
● Blend in your blender for 20-30 secs until it looks like a creamy latte. There will be a good amount of foam on top
I also like to add some cinnamon to my coffee for the extra taste and the blood sugar balancing effects.
As I mentioned earlier, many people start their day off with food like muffins, cereal and toast which will spike blood sugar and lead you on a roller coaster of cravings for the rest of the day. This coffee could be a better way to start the day to avoid the peaks and valleys a carb loaded breakfast brings.
Everyone is different but give this a try and see if it’s for you. At the end of the day, Bulletproof coffee may work for some people but not for others and should still be part of a clean, balanced diet so you don’t miss out on nutrients in other foods.
If you’d like to learn more or have any questions please feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
CNP, Holistic Nutritionist, Personal Trainer